Friday, January 15, 2010

Great Review Activity

Are you looking for a fun and easy way to review materials you have taught your children? I found a great little activity that is easy to make and self correcting that my children really like. It's called Golf Tee Cards. You write a question on the card with some multiple choice answers at the bottom. Underneath each answer you punch a hole. On the back of the card, you place a little sticker over the hole with the correct answer. To complete the activity, the child will read the question and put a golf tee through the hole of the answer he thinks is correct. He turns the card over and can see the golf tee sticking through and if the sticker is above his choice, he has gotten it right!
For a better description of this activity, pictures, and more examples, please CLICK HERE. This site is where I found this activity.
This activity can be used from a very young age up to high school depending on the content. I have used it with my 2 1/2 year old daughter to introduce colors, numbers, letters, etc. For colors, I cut out a picture in a certain color and glued it to the top of the card. For the answer choices, I cut out three more of the same picture with one of the colors matching my top picture. She puts the golf tee through the one that matches and turns it over to see if she is correct.
You can create a group of cards that go together and put them all on a metal ring. I have also gone as far as laminating them so they last longer. That is not necessary though. For my nine year old, we have reviewed such subjects as grammar, history, Bible, and Science.
This has been a wonderful way for me to create a quick review of subject matter we have covered during the week. I hope you will find it helpful as well!

Heidi

No comments: